Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Green People



I think that I am not what ussualy people call as a “green person”, because I dont do the things that are generally associated with that name. I am not the kind of people who avoids eating animals, or the kind of people that are concerned about recycle and stuff, even when I consider those actions as really valuable and admirable.

I think people learn these kind of practices in their families, although there are exceptions. For example, my family have never been a “green” one, but my brother became vegetarian a few months ago, even when we all love to eat meat. So I think that becoming a green person depends mostly of your personal values, and of the desire to respect them.

I use public transport instead of a car, but the main reason of this is because I hate the stress created by the driving and, by the other hand,  Santiago is full of cars everywhere, so if I can avoid to drive cars, the better. I dont have a license in fact, so I cant anyway.

To reduce my carbon footprint I have stopped to breath jaja. No, I dont know, I always get concerned about turn off the lights that are not being used, or sometimes unplug the electrodomestics at night. I think that Santiago cant be a green city because they are all hurried and worried from here to there, and stressed of becoming successful and that blind them from seeing the really important things, like keep our enviroment clean and breatheable.

1 comment:

  1. i think that turn off the lights that are not being useas and unpug the electrodomestis is a very good practice!

    ReplyDelete